December 13, 2004

What the hell is wrong with my HL2

So, I try to play the game for the first time in a couple weeks, and I find the screen (when played on my LCD) is some weird red/orange hue. I'm running dual monitors, so I switched it over to my lower res CRT and it shows up fine.

Besides that rather annoying item, there is one MAJORLY annoying item as well. The game stutters like a motherfucker (UPDATE: Fixed the stutter by "uninstalling" the most recent patch). When I first got this, I was running it on my LCD monitor, anti-aliasing, high graphics, the most detail, the works - now, even when I reduce the res to 800x600 and drop ALL the graphics options off, it still runs like crap.

Very VERY frustrating.

I've attached some screenies to show what the diff is on the two monitors...

HL2CRTnorml.jpg

HL2LCDred.jpg

It should be clear that I'm running dual monitors - they're set at diff resolutions so that's how screenies come out.

Stupid game.