November 02, 2004

Entertainment

Funny to watch how Drudge headlines create such HUUUUGE volatility on Tradesports. He *just* updated his headline, something about Ohio, and Tradesports immediately responds with like a $20/share drop in the price of Bush/Ohio futures. LOL

Just tried to sign myself up for the program and get in on some of the Bush/Electoral 270+ and Bush/President futures, but the stupid site negged my ATM card. Go figure it's the one time I have a few grand in it. *shrugs*

In any case, as time progresses future's prices get closer and closer to "reality" - meaning as the outcome becomes more evident, the wild gyrations are reduced. For those of you in the same camp as I (believing it's going to be a Bush blowout) this is a friggin FANTASTIC time to make a killing on the Drudge-induced-hysteria that is infecting the market. I only wish I could get logged in and deposit some funds, I was about to buy about 50 shares of each futures contract I just mentioned.

Put it this way, even if you're not sure who's going to win - there's a better than 30% chance it's going to be close - hence, there's money to be made. Right now (as of 3:20 PST) the market was pricing a Bush win at about $29, down from a high of $70-something. As we get closer and closer to the 50% split, that price is DEFINITELY going to come up - hence taking advantage of the Drudge-induced-hysteria that I just mentioned.

Feh.

UPDATE: Damn, looks like I'm a little behind the curve on this one. Didn't read this though, honestly.