July 12, 2004

One thing after another

I can't be the only one thinking this years Olympics are going to be a monumental disaster/flop.

Honestly. After the last two sets of summer games, what were they, Sydney and Atlanta - which were extremely well organized, now we've got this debacle? I mean, I was in Sydney fully 8 months before the games were scheduled to start, and we were swimming in the Olympic pool, with all the get up and go. The transportation infrastructure was complete, they were just putting finishing touches on the venues. These guys are dealing with blackouts, incomplete venues, inadequate security and a whole slew of other bad omens, and we've got one MONTH before the games start?

Oh man. This is going to be the one set of Olympic Games in my memory that I can honestly say I'm glad I won't be attending.