May 03, 2004

Gmail: Stop the Whining!

A great review/op-ed discussing the plusses and minuses and politics behind Googles newborn Gmail service.

Those of you who read my blog know that I've had my gmail account for a couple weeks now, and love the thing. Traffic to the account has been very limited as I'm wary about posting my account to too many bbs or blog comments sections, as those are typically the ways spammers get my 411. That my gmail account name is my actual name, makes me even more wary.

In any case, if any of you have been presented with the opportunity for a gmail account, but have been stymied by State Senator Liz Figueroa's (admit it, you knew you were gonna see a "D" next to her name) demonization of the program, I really suggest you have a look-see at this article - it really lays it out for you.