April 23, 2004

I'm off to my 24-hour race

Heading out to Idylwild, CA to compete in the 24 Hours of Adrenaline. Before you ask, no I'm not doing it solo - this will be a 5 man effort. Each person completes one 11-mile loop, then gets to rest while the other guys ride. Seeing as how I'm the "young buck" of the crew, I get to go first (cluster fvck le mans style start - which means run a mile, parade loop around camp ground, then race a lap), and I also get to pick up the slack if, say at 0300, someone doesn't feel like riding. Hah. Should be a blast. Expected total mileage for the 24 hours is between 60 and 70. :D

I'm comin back Sunday, so don't expect posting until then at the earliest. I'm also going to try and put together a photo-blog of the event, should definitely be bandwidth intensive. Woo hoo.

Have a safe weekend and catch you on the flip side.